Thursday, July 17, 2014

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Believe it or not, this was not quoted by a Kelly Clarkson song. The original quote by Friedrich Nietzsche, was actually "Out of life's school of war: what does not destroy me, makes me stronger."

I agree with Mr Nietzche. Whatever shitstorm you go through and whatever the outcome, as long as you're still physically alive, will eventually make you stronger. I'm pretty sure most people have gone through some tough times that were difficult to handle. Whether or not we were alone during these times is a whole nother story. If you have loved ones caring for you, then good for you, it probably hurt a lot less. But if you're alone, then stay strong because that's a real survivor.

I understand that people with severe depression will disagree with this quote, but I choose to believe that the Ed Sheeran gif on tumblr with this quote went viral because people were overwhelmed by their emotions and psychologically influenced by music.

Anyway. In my opinion, the reason why we become stronger after an emotional (or physical, idk) battle is because we end up creating our own personal life lessons and theories/principles that we begin to live by. My number one principle is to not fucking trust anyone. I don't know if it sounds harsh but that's kinda what I've learnt. Ironically, I have impulsively told a couple of people some things that I probably should've have told them- just because I was in a really happy and bubbly mood. I had faith in humanity, basically.

So, stay strong and learn stuff from the shit that you go through. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment