Friday, July 11, 2014

Look up.


I assume you've heard of the viral video 'Look Up', as it talks about how we use technology so much that we miss out on the many beautiful things in life like breathtaking sceneries or meeting interesting people. Sure, we're pretty obsessed with our phones and computers, and I do agree that people should look up from our phones and tablets when we're outside. Then again, I feel that being online is still pretty beneficial. Without the internet, I probably wouldn't have heard about MH370 or the major Japan earthquake that happened a few years back. No, I don't watch television very much. All I have is a computer/phone and my internet connection.

Being online so much has allowed me to share my opinions (or at least post them on a blog where no one is reading them) with others, to meet new people, and to learn a lot more about the world/universe we live in. I enjoy reading the opinions of others and looking at things with a different perspective. Google also becomes my favourite study buddy, and Siri is very helpful with her friend WolframAlpha.

At the same time, I don't look up my phone when I'm outside. I like to observe things and people, as creepy or interesting as it sounds. But sure, my phone and the internet come in handy when I have to deal with awkward moments.

So there you go. Go explore the world- both real and virtual.

No comments:

Post a Comment