Thursday, July 17, 2014

Reminder: It's 2014. (Feminism, equality and rape culture)

Feminism defined by Wikipedia: "Feminism is a collection of movements and ideologies aimed at defining, establishing, and defending a state of equal political, economic, cultural, and social rights for women. This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment. A feminist advocates or supports the rights and equality of women."

Quick reminder: Feminism is equality, not women over men.

Anyway. Today was an insanely hot day, and anyone with the right mind would probably prefer to wear a tank top instead of a normal T-shirt. I had home tuition today and my tutor is in his mid-40s with a horrible sense of humor and a rapidly balding head. Also the tuition is held in the living room so my parents don't have to worry about me. This, I completely understand. Asian parents tend to worry about their child getting sexually violated, and I appreciate their concern. However, after the tuition, they proceed to warn me to never wear a tank top in front of my tutor ever again. Side note: My tank top isn't showing skin that's anywhere near my boobs, and my hair is covering my shoulders. I'm just really warm.

I don't know how I'm going to put all this content together, but my point is:

Women don't deserve to get raped just because they dress inappropriately. Men will always have a choice to not rape a beautiful lady. Chivalry isn't dead. Don't rape her. Sex should always be safe, sane and consensual. And if you're into rape fantasy, remember to keep it as a fantasy.

I should also remind you that men can also be raped, regardless the rapist's gender. And that is not because the male victim is weak and unable to protect himself. It is never the victim's fault.

(This post is a mess. I'm just going to be irresponsible and leave this here, but I think I've made my point. Just not all of it. Idk.)

No comments:

Post a Comment