Thursday, July 17, 2014

Homeschooling.

As a person who is terrified of people that I have to stick around with for long periods of time, I wish homeschooling was more popular here. I've heard of people who were homeschooled and finished high school before they were 16, and are now pretty intellectual people whom I respect and admire.

I love using the internet. I've learnt a whole bunch of stuff from it. I do find online research a little tough and tedious for me, because its contents are so much more complex than I need it to be. It's gradually becomes hell for me when I'm researching on a subject/topic that I have no interest in. That being said, I just sat through two hours of chemistry while having to do a worksheet without my textbook. All I had was my phone, an internet connection and 20% battery. Everyone else either had textbooks, friends or teachers. I refuse to ask for help, because I don't have any doubts about the information I'm given. I just don't have any information.

So, I went online, google came to the rescue, and I appreciate the search engine's existence. However, the sites I came across used terms that I've never heard of. This was frustratingly inconvenient and I was dying to get home.

Still, despite this flaw, I would love to do more online research. I just need to be better at doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment