Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Relatively nice people and my social anxiety.

I'm waiting for my turn to take an English oral examination. The rest of the girls are taking selfies and having fun. They just included me in one of their selfies, which I suppose is meant to be a friendly gesture. I have absolutely nothing against them. I'm very amused by how cheerful and energetic they all are; I'm just terrified.

First of all, I do not wish to diagnose myself with any mental disorder. First I thought it was depression, and I because very quiet and unresponsive. Then I thought I was having panic attacks, and now I hyperventilate every now and then. I know for sure I'm terrified of socializing with people who seem more enthusiastic than me, but I don't know if that's perfectly normal. It can be. These things tend to be rather intimidating.

I'm just sitting here, discreetly reading articles that may not be socially acceptable to read, trying to get into that 'mood' of high standards of the English language. I've been told that my English is good, but I'm never satisfied with myself. Insatiable. I always think that I'm merely surrounded by people with bad English, not that my English is anywhere near good.

Again, I'm just bored because I still have perhaps half an hour or so before I sit for the exam myself. I don't think I was going anywhere with this. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment