Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tuesday, 12 May 2015.

School's been going well so far. I still haven't fallen behind yet, which is great. But one thing that's cool is that I've been given many opportunities to experience a whole bunch of stuff and it's only the fourth week of the semester. So yes, thanks, NYP.

For one, I've been offered the chance to meet the directors of the school/polytechnic (idk about the details, they kinda just said directors) along with the two class representatives,  I have to do a marketing presentation with Stacy where we need to dress professionally, and the teacher put me as the group leader for a communication skills project with three other popular people I've never really spoken to. You'd think I'd say no to at least one of these, but I haven't. I kinda decided that this is the year I'm going to give everything a go and do my best. I'm even planning on quitting band and joining Student Union, which is basically the prefects of the polytechnic. Besides, band is too tiring.

Also, we had a programming practical as usual today, and I'm a very impatient person. I'm always eager to go home if I don't have any questions to ask. And whenever this is the case and the teacher announces that we may leave once we're done with our work, I panic and try to finish it asap. Yes, I get impatient with myself. So the teacher makes the announcement 20 minutes before class is supposed to end, and I rush my last few programs. I finish my work 10 minutes after class is scheduled to end and I frantically/excitedly pack up my bag, ready to get the hell out of there. Don't get me wrong, programming is fun, but you get what I mean. And just as I zip up my bag, I hear, "Excuse me, Clara, how do you do this program?" I look up, and the native chinese girl (who skips many classes) beckon me to come over. Too late. I walk over, and she was still at the last program, still needing to add in a lot more codes. Try to imagine the pain in my heart. And yet, I stuck it through and basically did everything for her while briefly explaining what I was doing. I have no clue how and why I stayed back to help, and although I've already complained this to a friend before writing this, I'm a tiny bit glad I stayed. It kinda adds on to the image I have of myself. Remember the whole loving yourself thing? Yeah. I'm doing nice things for myself. I want the 7 year old me to be proud of who I am today. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment