Friday, May 8, 2015

Friday, 8 May 2015

Britain's Got Talent just ended. That's just about as close as Singapore can get to a tiny dose of Ant and Dec. Anyway.

I have Fridays off, but I went back to school for a project. Anyway. Had my dinner, met up with Racheal, then we walked over to AJC for Aaron's music club concert. To be honest, I didn't know what to expect. Or maybe I did; I never liked singing teenagers. Maybe I just have high expectations for teen vocalists, since the music industry is so huge. So the concert was awful- the vocalists ruined a lot of good songs like Bon Jovi's It's My Life, Taylor Swift's Ours, and many others that I wouldn't like to remember. Racheal and I cringed. A lot. One of the singers thought she could write a parody song of Taylor Swift's Hey Stephen and get away with it. She didn't. I knew.

It was okay I guess, making the effort to actually turn up. I'm a good friend. Honestly, I could've gotten up and left during the intermission, but I was there and I stayed for the rest of it purely for support. Also Racheal's necklace was with Aaron, so we couldn't exactly leave, but still. The inevitable encore at the end was good, only because it was Uptown Funk and Aaron came out wearing sunglasses and did a sassy dance. So yeah. I got the whole thing on video, too. It ended late thanks to a lot of unnecessary stuff during the concert, but thankfully I got home just in time for Britain's Got Talent.

Walking around the JC for half an hour before the concert really made me appreciate poly life a lot more. When I entered, I could sense the stress and anxiety, and to me it was just the hell version of a secondary school. Everything looked so boring, everyone was in uniforms/school shirts, it was awful. It made me realize how much better our learning environment was, and how much difference it actually makes. Being in poly makes me open up my mind a bit more and feel that much more creative. We don't have homework, worksheets, essays, and just a ton of paper in general. We have binded lecture notes, projects, and computers. It really has helped me a lot so far. There's no stress, just challenges, and it's given me so many opportunities to try a whole bunch of different things. I've met so many new people and I'm able to socialize a lot better. My friends are quiet and aren't very enthusiastic when it comes to giving ideas, so I'm kind of forced to be enthusiastic and all leader-like. Otherwise, we wouldn't get anything done. Honestly. Also, I've been chosen to go meet the director of the school. I didn't think it was a big deal at first, it was just a thing I had to do. But according to my friends' reactions, I guess it's somehow a big deal. I don't know.

Poly's been keeping me away from home, coming back late at night and all that. I'll try not to disappear as much as other typical teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment