Thursday, May 21, 2015

A foreign life.

So lately I've been thinking about where I'd like to move to, or if I'd like to stay in here in beautiful Singapore. I've nothing against this country- everything works better here, except I can never be excited about fun events that happen in real life. Youtuber tours, their books being sold in real life book stores, attending live book signings, all those super cool things. Also no matter how far we get in the future, the lgbt community will never be accepted here in Singapore with the whole low population and birth rates going on.

The two countries I've considered moving to is the US and England. The US, because the cost of living is incredibly low, but then affordable health care doesn't exist, the crime rates are insane, morals are out of the window, and the people kinda suck. Still, looking at housing in the US- they have pools and cool architecture and two floors and a frickin lawn in their homes. The UK, because it's somewhat similar to Singapore since they once colonized us, the people are nice, everything is nice, but then being there is expensive. Incredibly expensive. And the weather is just, yikes. But then they have nice cool things like cool products and places and all that.

Singapore's not too bad. I just thought that maybe I could live a slightly happier life if I didn't stay in Singapore. No more awkward Chinese New Years, no more being dragged to events I really don't want to attend, not having to deal with family drama. Maybe I could just have a stable home here, but then earn enough money to visit the US or the UK often enough. Yeah. That should be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment