Friday, June 26, 2015

THE BEST DAY EVER. {Coming out} (Friday, 26 June 2015)



So today I went to Sentosa with Ng An today (not the best picture, it was for snapchat). My favourite place with my favourite person. So that was cool. Except I was so nervous and was still wondering whether or not I should do it today, but then I also wanted to do it somewhere nice and memorable since it's kind of an important moment in my life, her being the longest friendship I've ever had. I've already come out to myself, so I'm pretty comfortable with coming out to people whom I know 100% support lgbt. Anyway. I was absolutely terrified and kept trying to find the right moment to say it, and it was kind of split into two parts. "Would you be grossed out if I told you I'm not straight" and "I think I'm bi". But no, I don't think I'm bi. I just am.

So yes. I identify as bisexual, and I want my closest friends to know that. I would love to let my family know, but for now it just isn't safe. But this isn't a coming out story. Not yet, idk if I ever will. But anyway. After having a blast at Sentosa, I went to visit secondary school band camp (I don't have any photos, I'm sorry). A whole bunch of people were there, including our seniors. And I guess I used to be ever so slightly awkward around them, but today I managed to do pretty well ^^ But that wasn't exactly the highlight.

[Can I just say, being the paranoid af person that I am, I'll assume that family members + relatives might come across this, and if you're on my Dad's side, idgaf, you're kinda out of my life; if you're on my Mom's side, lol you don't really give a shit about me and I'm invisible to you anyways so dubaiiii]

Yee Ren, one of my closest friends that I met through band and sucking at chinese (aka chinese class for people who are shit at it), was there too, which was nice since it'd be my social nightmare to go alone with no one I'm socially comfortable with. He's the most hilarious, creative and talented person I will ever meet. Like honestly. As cheesy as it sounds, I feel lucky to have him as a close friend. And  we both talked about our shared sexualities and had a blast. We talked about our potential lgbt future, crushes, being in the lgbt community, and other hilarious things or serious-but-interesting things. But it was the first time I could be so open about my sexuality because even though I'd come out to other close friends, they didn't seem that comfortable or interested in that topic. So that was nice.

And to end off this day with a bang,

THERE IS NOW MARRIAGE EQUALITY IN ALL 50 STATES OF USA!!!!!!!!!

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes <3

Update: it got better


I MEAN COME ON HE'S THE CUTIE PATOOTIE FROM BUZZFEED AND I PRETTY MUCH FANGIRLED FOR IDK HOW LONG

Also it's incredible how much more inspired you can be when someone you look up to REPLIES TO YOUR TWEET AND CONGRATULATES YOU LIKE OMG

No comments:

Post a Comment