Sunday, June 7, 2015

Envy, part two.

I've already written a post about envy. This one's different.

Recently I've come across some seemingly lucky people. The rich, the famous, the popular. I don't hate on "filthy rich people", nor do I use that term often. I acknowledge that many of them have worked hard and many of them don't just mindlessly spend their money. The "financially stable with a decent disposable income" people I know are really thrifty and wise with their money, and I really do admire that.

And then there are the pure lucky ones. They're the relatives or children of famous, lovable celebrities who get to meet their celebrity friends and enjoy a glamorous life. However. This can only be done if they're actually cute and lovable.

This brings me to the next category of people whom I envy. Cute, lovable and popular people. Because unfortunately I've never been that kid. Well I was, but then when they realized I was a lot more mature than that and knew what they were up to and what was going on and hence started to rebel against unfavorable rules and the abuse of authority, I was seen as the typical teenage rebel and was no longer the center of attention. I've now turned into the awkward, tall, ugly teenager who still has residue of puberty lingering on my body. Don't get me wrong, I still love myself, but I still acknowledge my flaws and I'm trying to improve myself. Idk how the hell girls smell so nice. And honestly, having a nice figure is not worth suffocating my lungs for. I STILL TRY TO EXERCISE, IM WORKING ON IT.

I love Sundays. Because they're the only days I ever feel like I am able to live a life that's anyway similar to what I've just described. My Mom brings us to nice places to eat, shop and relax. It's really cool, especially when you feel so blessed and refreshed having just gotten out of a church service. I just wish this could be everyday of my life. I know that because Jesus loves me and He has given me unmerited favor and super abounding grace, I can live this ideal life, and I'm still believing in Him for a financially stable life where I don't have to worry about spending on basic needs like food and clothing. One day.

And clearly, I've got to help myself out as well. I need to work hard and achieve my own academic goals. One day.








No comments:

Post a Comment