Tuesday, June 16, 2015

In Real Life and A Work In Progress.


Both really good books, one an autobiography and the other a memoir.

Autobiographies are great. I love them. They teach you a lot of things while telling you their life stories in a chronological order. In Real Life by Joey Graceffa made me cry. Now, I've never cried while reading a book. It was so relatable and he managed to describe personal childhood events that took place. It really made me connect with the book on an emotional level (clearly). I can't describe this awful feeling I related to from the book, you'll just have to read it to find out. He aslso came out as gay in his book, which I'm very happy and proud of him for doing so. He then went on to talk about dating and meeting people, which made reminded me even more that being in the LGBT community is 100% normal. Love is love, nothing is different. The Imitation Game showed me how important it is to support the LGBT community, and this book showed me how normal it really is.

Connor Franta's A Work in Progress was incredibly inspirational. If you know him, you'll know what his Instagram looks like and this book is written in the same style. It's beautiful. The title fits the book perfectly (and he described it the same way)- he's still young. He only talks about his experiences and what he's learned so far. He came out as gay online a year after he came out to himself. Maybe coming out is different from everyone, as Joey Graceffa says. We're all in different places, some where it's accepted by society and some where it's shamed and discriminated. After reading his book, I realized that he has a similar perception of the world to mine. Again, it's indescribable. You have to read it.

Now to save up for more autobiographies and memoirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment