Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Sense of belonging.

I used to think that I needed to be constantly obsessing over something for me to be happy or be productive. But I've come to realize that I just want a sense of belonging. I've always been proud of any community I've ever been in- be it being a Singaporean, a fellow YouTube fan, my sexual orientation, religion, or *cough* certain *cough* sexual fetishes *cough cough cough cough cough*.

I guess this comes from not wanting to feel so alone, and switching from being able to surround yourself with people, to just wanting to be all alone and enjoy the world in peace and quiet. So these communities are usually online. Sometimes I don't even need to socialize with these people, all I need to do is surround myself with them and watch other people be just as passionate about the same things as me.

It's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment