Thursday, April 30, 2015

Loving yourself.



The one thing everyone is uncomfortable with, and yet it's the one golden key to happiness. It's not exactly a secret, and no one is afraid of you knowing this, because even if you do, it's hard to actually do it. It takes time to learn to love yourself. We were brought up to shut up about ourselves. We were taught to be humble. And we end up turning down compliments. And we end up getting hurt easily by the comments of others.

I'm not going to list out everything you have to do to love yourself, because I believe that it's not a technical process where you can create an algorithm and get the same results in the same amount of time. I believe it's a journey you have to take on your own. Know more about yourself, and accept that. Love yourself like you'd love your child- unconditionally.

I have to say, it took me a long, long time to get to where I am today emotionally. I went through a lot. At one point when I was just 14, my self-esteem was so low that I felt sorry for existing. I felt like I was wasting the frickin air. And somehow, (with the help of a tiny bit of serotonin), today, I'm proud of myself. It takes a while. It's never an eureka moment. It's really just like a wet rollercoaster. There are ups and downs, and occasionally a bucket of doubt splashes over your head. Just don't ever give up on yourself. Keep going no matter what, even though you feel like you're not worth it.

You'll get there one day. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment