Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sunday, 26 April 2015.

So yesterday, I finally got my new laptop for school. An Asus Zenbook UX303L. Mom paid for it, but knowing her, she's probably going to try and get that money back. Anyway. I'm really excited to finally have my own laptop, but because our home computer isn't working this is also, in a way, my Mom's laptop as well since she needs it to do adult stuff like job searching or the complicated housing stuff, I don't know. But anyway. I'm still not a 100% satisfied, (yes, I know, ungrateful greedy little bitch) because I want a laptop that's truly mine to own. Mine to be 100% responsible for. Don't get me wrong, I'm still 100% responsible for this one, except because my Mom keeps borrowing it and doesn't know how to care for it, I'm afraid she might make something go wrong by accident and then blame me.

I've always wanted to be independent and responsible, it's always been a part of my ambitions as a kid. I know I whine and bitch about it from time to time, but if and when I succeed, I'd be really, really proud of myself. Recently, I've come to realize what makes a person proud of a country. From what I've read and observed, people usually get really patriotic when the country started from nothing and yet was able to be independent and achieve great success. The thing that made me start to onder over this was a Q&A video Ant and Dec did, answering a question about why geordies are known for being patriotic and love being from Newcastle upon Tyne. If I remember correctly, they had the Tyne River to do imports and exports, and did very well as a region without much help from the rest of the country. This reminded me of Singapore. I won't describe our history because it'll take too long, but all I can say is that I get to be a patriotic Singaporean thanks to what Mr Lee Kuan Yew (and his team) has done for the country. So there.

I've been thinking about opening my own bank account. Just for myself. Since, well, there's a huge lack of communication between me and my parents despite us desperately needing it; and things are too complicated to get emancipated. And that would be a whole new level of terrifying. Anyway. I'm just rambling at this point. I don't know if I'd like these kinds of updates on my blog. I'm gonna leave this here anyway. Bye now.

No comments:

Post a Comment