Thursday, April 10, 2014

Local YouTubers.

I just stumbled upon some Singaporean YouTubers on the 'recommended for you' page, not sure why. Saw a decent title, clicked on it and BAM. Typical Singaporean-style youtube video, unoriginal and too hey-look-i-can-be-a-famous-youtuber. Don't get me wrong, I love Singapore but not exactly proud of our people. But the thing is, this guy's subscribers passed a whole bunch of other (better) YouTubers, also not sure why. I mean, congratulations man, but I'm gonna guess you're one of those hyper and energetic popular people who pretend their anti-social just so your viewers can 'relate' to you, then you go on to get your 283 friends on Facebook to subscribe to you. *shrugs* I honestly would not be surprised.

Legitimate, legendary people of YouTube started making videos because they were genuinely bored. These people are trying to make it big on YouTube so they can make money out of it and become internet famous. A mini celebrity. I'm just a little upset about this because I feel that YouTube has lost it's identity and authenticity; being a place where people are desperate for money and fame.

Then again, these are just my opinions and also my personal blog… Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment