Saturday, May 24, 2014

A sense of belonging.

So I just got back from the YouTube Fan Fest and...


Yup.

I was shaking and couldn't get more/better pictures. And again, I just stood there in shock, awe, and whatever made me stand still. I would go on about how 'magical' that moment was and how his eyes were somehow very very pretty but that would be my annoying fangirl self.

Recently, the hashtag #tipsfornewyoutubefans trended worldwide on Twitter, and this happened:


And clearly I freaked out (I freak out a lot). But also, I kinda realized that this hashtag actually gave me a sense of belonging. I mean, not only was the fandom in on it, but so were the YouTubers. Sure you could say I'm too obsessed and/or addicted, but that was actually the first time I had a sense of belonging. I always feel left out everywhere else. Usually because 'everywhere else' is basically just school and I clearly was never a 'cool kid'. Again I could go on and whine about how I'm invisible and very forgettable to everyone I meet but no.

This is why I love the internet. You're looks are defined by your username and only your username. Sure people can still judge you depending on how good/bad it is, but at the very least, you can choose to use something more decent than twilight_fanzz15382. I mean, I got 'noticed by senpai' many times before and honestly, I actually feel the love. The love coming from the YouTubers, the love coming from the fandom, from everywhere. Online, when you're a fan, both the star and the fandom love you. When you're a fan, you get to be friends with other fans and no one will hate you, unless you're a hater.

So yes. I may dishona famry and I'm way too obsessed, this is actually the one thing keeping me going. Where else am I going to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment